|Virtual serial ports emulator project|
You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this software. If you do not agree with the terms of this license, you must remove "Virtual Serial Port Emulator" from your computer.
32 bit FREEWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE "VIRTUAL SERIAL PORTS EMULATOR" (THE "PRODUCT"), THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("LICENSEE") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRODUCT MUST NOT BE DOWNLOADED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT.
Eterlogic.com exclusively owns source code and all other copyrights referring to the Product.
1. License grant. Eterlogic.com grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce and use for any purposes the executable code version of the Product, provided any copy must contain all of the original proprietary notices. This license does not entitle Licensee to receive from Eterlogic.com hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the Product. If more than one license agreement was provided for the Product, and the terms vary, the order of precedence of those license agreements is as follows: a signed agreement, a license agreement available for review on the Eterlogic.com website, a printed or electronic agreement that states clearly that it supersedes other agreements, a printed agreement provided with the Product, an electronic agreement provided with the Product.
2. Restrictions. Without Eterlogic.com prior written consent, Licensee may not: (i) modify or create any derivative works (VSPE API is an exception) of the Product or documentation, including customization, translation or localization; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer ; (iii) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product.
3. Fees. There is no license fee for the Product. If Licensee wishes to receive the Product on media, there may be a small charge for the media and for shipping and handling. Licensee is responsible for any and all taxes.
4. Proprietary rights. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Product shall remain in Eterlogic.com and/or its suppliers. Licensee acknowledges such ownership and intellectual property rights and will not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with Eterlogic.com or its suppliers' ownership of or rights with respect to the Product. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. Licensee agrees, at its expense, to defend and hold Eterlogic.com and its affiliates harmless from any and all costs, damages and reasonable attorneys' fees resulting from any claim that Licensee's use of the Product has injured or otherwise violated any right of any third party or violates any law.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE, AND, THEREFORE, ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUS FREE, ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
6. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ETERLOGIC.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, ETERLOGIC.COM COLLECTIVE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES LICENSEE PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. High risk activities. The Product is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, Eterlogic.com and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. Licensee agrees that Eterlogic.com and its suppliers will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Product in such applications.
8. Termination. Eterlogic.com may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or no reason. Eterlogic.com may also terminate this Agreement if Licensee breaches any of its terms and conditions. Upon termination, Licensee shall destroy all copies of the Product.