UDP manager allows to send/receive data via UDP protocol.
This device does not create virtual serial port. It uses existing one
that can be either physical or virtual (for example, Connector).
There are 3 entities in UDP manager: COM port, UDP local port and UDP clients.
- COM port is serial port exposed by UDP Manager.
- UDP Manager waits for incoming data from UDP local port. All incoming data is redirected to COM port.
- UDP clients is a set of clients. Every client has its own IP address and port. UDP Manager reads data from COM port and redirects it to UDP clients, sending UDP packets.
So, UDP Manager work scheme is the following:
- Read data from the local UDP port and send it to COM port.
- Read data from the COM port and send it to each UDP client using UDP protocol.
Specify local UDP port (0 if you want only to send data from COM port) and Remote clients.
Remote client properties